What is Yoast SEO Plugin? Personally, I consider it as the Savior to every blogger’s SEO woes. They say content is king but without perfectly optimized keywords, then you are playing a losing game as a blogger. Four years ago, I had a hard time ranking, both my content and blog.
Despite the passion to be a full-time content creator, I had no idea about search engine optimization. I wanted to deliver my A-game but who do you make it in a world full of amazing content creator putting out amazing content every day and night.
In this article, I will show you how to set the pace and improve your Google rank as a beginner or pro blogger.
What you’ll Learn from this Article:
- What is Yoast SEO Plugin
- Why you need Yoast SEO plugin
- Yoast Function: Page and SEO Analysis
- Yoast SEO Versions
- How to Install Yoast SEO Plugin
What is The Yoast SEO Plugin?
Yoast SEO is a search optimization plugin for WordPress. It was created to help everyone rank in Google as long as you have content that you would wish to share. It is, therefore, suitable for bloggers, small and big companies in helping them generate traffic to their blogs and websites.
YOAST MISSION: At Yoast, they believe that SEO is for everyone. They believe in creating equal chances for everyone in the search engine and this is what makes them the best for both beginner and pro bloggers.
Optimizing your blog for search engine is a key factor in growing your brand and authority online. WordPress has multiple plugins bloggers who can choose to improve their Google Rank but I recommend Yoast SEO Plugin.
Why you need Yoast SEO plugin
Yoast SEO plugin is a full-featured SEO solution that enables users to optimize their content starting from the keywords, image alt, tags, and meta descriptions. The plugin automates every aspect of your website and adds extra features that enable you to rank higher on Google.
What does Google Rank Entail?
There is more to keywords if you want to improve your Google Rank. Search engine crawlers survey every part of your blog for keywords and the features mentioned above (Image Alts, URL, Tags and Meta Description) to rank you in the first 3 pages.
As a blogger, you need to consider all those elements but managing them as one can be time-consuming. To help you handle this, you need the correct plugin that can handle most of the tasks. I recommend, Yoast SEO plugin because it helps you tackle all the tasks at once unlike most of the WordPress Plugins that are limited to certain features.
Last but not the least, Yoast helps you optimize your blog on both global and content specific levels hence making it search-friendly as possible. For this reason, Yoast is the best plugin for your Search Engine Optimization Solutions.
Yoast Function: Page and Post Analysis
Yoast works automatically to ensure every page and post content on your site is SEO optimized. There is the various field you will have to fill to ensure that keywords are properly placed for search crawlers to identify them.
When you open your search content editor, the Yoast SEO plugin also opens the meta box with an empty column for you to fill the focus keyword. While using it, it denotes the intensity of your content whether good, bad or Ok using different colors at the top bar of your content editor.
With that information, Yoast evaluates your content and gives you suggestions or tips on what to check and improve. It also analyzes your content readability and rate to make sure you are on the right track.
Yoast SEO Plugin Versions.
Yoast has both the free and premium versions and this gives bloggers and brands a chance to start without hiring an SEO expert. Here is everything you need to know about the two versions:
|YOAST SEO PREMIUM||YOAST SEO FREE|
|Keyword Optimization||Limited to One Keyword Optimization|
|Readability Check||Readability Check|
|Full Control of your Breadcrumbs||Full Control of your Breadcrumbs|
|Internal linking suggestions||No|
|Ad-free||Has some Ads|
|Focus keyword||No export|
Download the Free Version: YOAST SEO FREE
Get Yoast Premium Version: YOAST SEO PREMIUM
How to Install Yoast SEO Plugin
Installing Yoast plugin is easy. Follow these steps:
Step 1: Log in to your WordPress Website and locate your Dashboard
Step 2: Click on the Plugins menu which is on the left-hand side
Step 3: Search for Yoast Plugin in the search section
Step 4: Once you’ve found it. Install the Plugin then activate and you are done.
Now that you have Yoast activated, it is time to tap into its power like an SEO Expert.
How to Optimize your Content using Yoast
The plugin has two sections of recommendations: Readability and SEO analysis:
Every time you check your content, go through the suggestion on your readability section and fine-tune it to increase your score blogpost score hence the chance to rank higher. Focus on the following:
- Transition Words: Make sure your content flows from one paragraph to another by using the right transition words and where necessary.
- Consecutive sentences: Avoid starting your sentences with the same words
- Readability Ease: People love content that they can understand, in this case, Yoast runs over a test and rates your content based on how easy readers will relate to what you are writing about.
- Paragraph Length: Keep you paragraphs short. Two to three lines are convenient.
- Sentence Length: Keep your sentences short and don’t exceed 20 words in each.
- Passive Voice: It is okay to use passive voice but limit yourself, most of your sentences should be on active voice
- Sub-heading Distribution: Break up your content with subheadings to make it easier for scanning.
In the SEO Analysis section, take note of the following:
- Interlink: In every article, you write, link to another page of your website.
- Image Alt Attributes: Make good use of images in your content and add keywords within the Alt texts section.
- Text Length: Your article should be at least 500 words long.
- Outbound link: Link to resourceful information outside your website.
- The key phrase in the introduction: Use your keyword phrase at the beginning of your content.
- Keyphrase length: Did you know? The longer the keyword the less the competitors so try as much to make it meaningful and long-tailed.
- The key phrase in Meta Description: Use your keyword phrase in the meta description section.
- Use the key phrase in both your heading and subheadings.
What is your major struggle when it comes to SEO? Let me know via the comment section below and help you solve it.
Follow me on Twitter for more updates: GUSTY NAVELI